"It is impossible to live without failing at something, unless you live so cautiously that you might as well not have lived at all – in which case, you fail by default."

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I love the 90's!!!!


Ahhh the 90's you got me feeling emotions...waaaaaazzzzzz upppppppp?! I miss it so much because it was all that and a bag of chips! Good vibrations from Marky Mark (SAY HELLO TO YOUR MOTHA!) TRLing on a wednesday afternoon and actually watching music videos that were DA BOMB on MTV. Playing POGS (SAY WHAAATTT?! That's some real retro talk - SUCK IT SILLY BANDZ!) while doing my best SPORTY SPICE!  You wanna get with me you gotta listen carefully. We got M in the place that locks it in your place. Stomp your body down and wind it all around...(Mental note: download that later) YOU'RE WELCOME!

So let's get jiggy with it and breakdown the top 5 reasons why the 90's are still the decade to beat:

5. We were happier!


Nobody talked about retirement, social security or world wars (unless you were in 8th grade history then the last part applied to you and what a bummer that probably was) Americans were prospering, we were all wearing jelly shoes, discussing what was going to happen when Zack and the gang went to college?! People looked forward to flying on vacation, and nobody knew about anthrax or the name Bin Laden. We were so happy that we actually gave Millie Vanilli a grammy in 1990!!  Fear of everything wasn't in our daily rotation of activities. The only FEAR on my mind was the one generated from Mark Wahlberg! Yo Marky you P.H.A.T. baby....


4. The vernacular!



Yup. So many gems that shaped me as a human being. Everything was in Guam. Everything was ghettoI tried to be MAD chill yo but the Popo was always on my shiznit. And I was like talk to the hand homeslice cause the face aint listening. Oh and by the way YOUR MOM. She is FUGLY. Alright alright take a chill pill already will you! Such a buzzkill... I am sorry I won't do it again I promise. NOT! AS IF! Ok I am tired of this...excuse me while I go raise the roof to some salt & peppa.

3. The cell phone/internet

What's up JESSE!

I honestly don't remember life without either of these 2 amazing inventions. I was one of the first kids at school to have AOL, at night I'd desperately try to muffle the sound of the dial-up so my dad wouldn't know what I was up to. Of course he would hear it and I'd be grounded constantly for it. I get knocked down but I get up again...you're never gonna keep me down...I was at it again the following night. My blackberry is an attachment just as vital as any of my organs. Enough said. Now go chumbawumba or something.


2. TV/Movies


Mirror mirror on the wall tell me mirror what is wrong?! NOT the JUICE!! The OJ car chase. Most amazing television moment of the 90's. Batman movies were actually good. (Sorry Heath but its hard to beat Kiss from a Rose by Seal as the movie soundtrack) Trips to The MAX with Kelly & Lisa for some girl talk, feel good heart-to-hearts with Uncle Jesse, biscuits and tea with Geoffrey while Carlton did his little dance. Ross & Rachel, unexpected but always welcomed visit from Stephan, Brandon & Brenda going to college, Bailey & Sarah always fighting, and Sabrina and her witchy ways. Mary Katherine & SUPERSTAR!!! Craig & Arianna the pitiful Spartan cheerleaders. Remember those days when everything on TV was a scripted show and the only reality was COPS? HA!! Aint that some shiz! Too much television watching got me chasing dreams. I am an educated fool with money on my mind....100 points if you just got that reference (AND YOU DIDN'T HAVE TO GOOGLE IT) **I could never do this entire decade justice so the above is only a tiny percentage of all the amazing things I enjoyed in this category. I would be insane in the membrane to try to capture the splendor of this time in one paragraph.
 
And finally....

1. Music


It's Britney bitch. Brit-Brit what happened?! I miss you seducing me with your eyes....you were so DOPE miss 90's Britney sooooo much...Don't go there! But I am enjoying the latest from you so it's all gravy baby. N'sync who proved god did spend just a little more time on you...Justin....sighss...BSB, TLC, Ace of Base (Oh and I really saw the sign...at the 6th grade talent show right before I embarrassed myself in front of the entire school. I should have won. But I lost to Tiffany who did an entire seriously choreographed routine to 'From the back to the middle and around again I am gonna be there to the end....100% pure love...' Download it immediately. Crystal Waters. 1994. You are welcome bitches.) Alanis Morisette...it was ironic that she was talking about Uncle Joey....what a mofo he must have been! Who could forget the outrageous songs we knew were over the top ridic but we couldn't help but indulge...READY for a ride to ultimate RIDICNESS?! Let's ROLL SPINDERELLA CUT IT UP one time: I am a barbie girl in a barbie world, Coco Jumbo,  MMMMMbop, Ice ice baby, 2 legit 2 quit, Ricoooo Suaveeeee, Achy Breaky Heart, Macarena, I'm too sexy, Living la vida loca, How Bizarre....and so many many more. Baby got back for reals. This decade certainly had a motor in the back of her Honda. Even white boys got to shout.




And WHOOMP there it is!!! Some of the reasons why I think no decade will ever top the 1990's. I feel sad for the young kids who were just too tardy for the 90's party. Oh 90's...you make me feel like I am living a teenage dream! You and I will be young forever....Whatcha gonna do when you get out of jail? I am gonna do a remix.

Please share your favorite 90's moment if you don't see it above.

As always keep it ferocious and fabulous!

No comments:

Post a Comment